Date: 18th April 2018
Quality Hotel Youghal is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy relates to Quality Hotel Youghal, operated by Swiftcastle ltd., and the privacy practices of the website www.qualityhotelyoughal.com. It sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us. We will not collect any personal information without your permission and any information you do provide will be treated with security and discretion. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of external links to other websites.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Quality Hotel Youghal collects various information about you, both personal and technical on this website.
As Data Controllers under the Data Protection Act 1988 we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Irish Data Protection legislation and will ensure that we:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep information only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
- Use and disclose information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep information safe and secure.
- Keep information accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensure that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purposes.
- Give a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
Our Privacy Statement is a legal requirement underpinned by two distinct pieces of legislation:
- The Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 ("The Acts")
- Statutory Instrument Number 336 of 2011 European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 ("SI 336/2011")
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (“GDPR”)
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and from time to time without notice by publishing a new version on our website. Please refer to the top of this document to see date of the latest version in force.
Use of your information
Quality Hotel Youghal collects your data for various reasons:
- We use your data to operate and administer your online booking.
- To provide information to you about our website, systems and services, including correspondence, responding to booking enquiries or complaints from you, and to keep you updated generally.
- To collect and make payments due and administer our accounts.
- To keep internal records and maintain reasonable archives, including enquiries, bookings, contracts, services and complaints.
- We may use your contact information to invite you to write a review after your stay.
- We may use your data for marketing activities as permitted by law. Examples of these activities may include:
- To carry out direct marketing to you that you have consented to. We do not use or disclose your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to this through an opt-in tick box on any form or website of ours.
- Competitions - Information collected or generated out of any competitions or promotions we run.
- For any purpose which we have obtained your consent to.
- Participation in any loyalty program.
- Reservations - When you make your reservation, we will send a booking confirmation by email.
- Newsletters- You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time. We will only use your email address if you have opted-in within the past 12 months. This email address may be used to target you with specific offers on Facebook or other social media sites that allow retargeting services.
- Based on the information you share with us, offers may be shown to you on third-party websites.
- SMS service - If you have opted-in to our SMS service within the past 12 months, you may receive regular texts by SMS. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from this SMS service at any time.
- Analysis - To analyze, audit, operate, administer, maintain and improve our functionality and the quality of our services to enhance the user experience.
- Market Research - to assist us in improving our marketing processes and customer services. To provide training to our staff, sub-contractors and suppliers. For example, we may use your personal data to help us profile how our customers generally are using our website and booking services, with us, or through us.
- Fraud detection and prevention: Personal information may be utilised for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
How we collect personal data We generate personal data in the following ways
- Visits to our website – By visiting and using our website you or your computer may provide personal data. This includes: information which is automatically provided by your browser to our servers; information recorded on our web servers about your interaction with our website and pages viewed; information we capture or place on your computer or generate using cookies or other technologies on our website; and information you input into forms and fields on our website or via SMS text.
- Data obtained from third parties – We may obtain personal data concerning you from third parties, including from: providers of any holidays, accommodation, other travel services which are enquired about or booked, and their intermediaries
- Data generated by us – We and any suppliers or sub-contractors working for us may generate personal data relating to you, including in connection with responding to and dealing with any enquiry, booking or complaint; or in performing any booking or other contract with you; or through the analysis of your personal data or data gained from your use of our website. We may record telephone calls with you.
Personal, Technical & Business information
Personal information relates to forms that you have filled in on our website, such as registering for our newsletter or text alerts or making a purchase, such as a voucher. It may include information such as your name, age, photograph, gender, address, telephone number, email address, passport details, social networking contact details, driving licence, utility bills, payment detail and financial information. It may also include the names of guests traveling with you and requirements for your stay, preferences, personal interests, disability, religious or other special conditions or health information. Please note that we can retain your contact details when you make a reservation through the Portfolio Booking System. Such contact details may be used to contact you to assist with registration or enquiries. Information you enter into our booking forms may be collected and stored briefly so that we can contact you in relation to an enquiry, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the transaction was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose. We won’t store it for longer than necessary and it will not be shared with any third party.
Business related data: if you are an individual associated with a business or other organisation that is our customer, then your personal data may include the following information that we link to you: business or organisation details (such as name, address, telephone numbers, payment arrangements, financial information, etc.), your relationship with that business or organisation (such as owner, partner, director, shareholder, employee, or agent), and your contact details within that business (such as work address, work telephone and mobile numbers, work fax number, and work e- mail address).
We collect some technical information when you visit our website. This includes items such as:
IP addresses, browsers used, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and click stream data which shows the traffic of your visit around our web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded). We also collect the previous website address from which you reached our site and the domain name used. If you’re using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. Other technical information includes Enquiry and Booking information.
By using our website and voluntarily providing any personal data to us through booking or browsing, you confirm that you agree to and consent to the terms of this Privacy Statement on your behalf and on behalf of others you are representing including but not limited to organisations and whose information you submit and including the collection and use of information, to the extent that your consent is required by any applicable law. Continued access and use of the Site without acceptance of the terms of this Privacy Statement relieves us from responsibility to the user.
Quality Hotel Youghal uses a range of third parties to provide services both directly and indirectly. These businesses are obliged to comply with our data privacy policies and security standards.
We may share your personal data with third parties (including intermediaries) as necessary in the following circumstances:
- To carry out any checks concerning you or enforce any booking or contract with you (including credit, security, fraud and identity checks).
- Credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
- To make any booking requested by or for you, to perform and administer any booking for you or other contract with or in respect of you.
Such third parties may include any suppliers or sub- contractors and their agents.
- Where we use third parties to host, provide, operate or supply any part of our websites, databases, systems, business, or services, or carry out on our behalf any of our business functions or actions (including sending mail, processing payments, providing marketing assistance, providing customer and advertising analysis, and providing customer services), then then we may provide your personal data to them as required for use for or processing as part of those purposes.
- Where any facility on our website/blog is clearly designed to make your personal data public (e.g. posts you make to any public forum or reviews facility), then any personal data you provide in relation to that forum or other facility, which is provided in circumstance where it is intended to be published, will be disclosed to the public accordingly, subject to moderation by us.
- If our customer is a business or organisation, and we are holding your personal data in that capacity as an associate (including agents, representatives, contactors, employees, officers, owners, partners, or directors), then we may disclose to them that personal data. If our customer is making a booking or booking enquiry on your behalf with your authority, then we may disclose to our customer your personal data as reasonably required in connection with such booking or enquiry, or the subsequent performance of or payment for any booking made.
- If our business is ever transferred to a third party, then your personal data will be transferred to the acquirer to enable them to continue the business.
Where we provide your personal data to a third party one of the following two circumstances will apply:
• In some cases, your personal data may be held and otherwise processed by them on our behalf, in which case we will remain responsible for what they do with your personal data.
We may provide links to other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as us. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through our site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collecting practices before submitting any of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, this third party’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information. In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media pages.
We may also share your Personal data and information if we have confidence that such disclosure is authorised by law or is necessary to protect your personal safety. We may supply personal data to a government authority or regulator where required to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, for the purposes of customs, visas and immigration, or where reasonably required to protect your vital interests or enforce any booking or other contract. We may disclose your personal data where otherwise required by or permitted by law.
Such disclosure may include cross-border transfer of Personal data and information. If legally compelled to disclose your information to a third party, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you in advance of a disclosure unless legally prohibited.
The technical information will be used by Quality Hotel Youghal only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
You should note that technical information, which we cannot associate with an identified individual, does not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Irish Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION OR ERASURE
You may request information on whether we are processing personal data about you, to tell you what personal data we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your personal data that we hold. We must provide the data request for free unless the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive. In these cases, we charge a reasonable fee not exceeding € 6.35 for handling your request. In certain cases, we may refuse your request and will advise you at the time if this is the case.
You have the right to request us to cease using your personal data for any purpose, subject to exceptions. You have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data to carry out direct marketing to you. You have the right to request us to rectify, block, erase or destroy any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
All requests must be in writing and may be submitted by e-mail or by post to the contact details listed below and you will receive a response within 30 days of receipt of your written request. Where requests are complex or numerous, we will extend the deadline for providing the information to 3 months. In such cases, we will advise you in writing within the 30-day time-period explaining why the extension is necessary.
CORRECT, ACCURATE AND UP TO DATE
We strive to retain data that is complete, accurate and up to date. If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
Data Protection Officer:
Quality Hotel Youghal
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal data.
Quality Hotel Youghal takes security responsibilities seriously. We are committed to doing what we reasonably can to keep your personal data secure, and we are obliged by law to put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. Employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures, including staff training and, we have accordingly implemented security policies, rules and technical measures with a view to achieving this:
- We use Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) software to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us whilst it is in transit over the internet. This will work if your browser is SSL enabled (which most are). You can verify that this is working by looking for the symbol of a closed lock or solid key on the bottom bar of your browser window and checking that the prefix for the web address in the browser address bar has changed from “http” to “https”.
- The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. For your own privacy protection, we encourage you to maintain anti-virus and other malware protection software on your computers and other devices, and to maintain your own measures to protect your personal data. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any e-mails you may send to us, including payment card information. We also encourage you to be careful about who you give personal data to. Please let us know if you someone purports to contact you in our name.
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
Our website and all the services provided are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we request that they not do not use our website and do not provide personal information through our website. Our Privacy Statement prohibits us from accepting users who are under the age of 18 and all persons under the age of 18 are directed not to use, post information to or submit queries on this website. Should we inadvertently acquire personal information or other data from users under the age of 18, we will not knowingly provide this data to any third party for any purpose whatsoever, and any subsequent disclosure would be due to the fact the user under age 18 used the website and submitted personal information without solicitation by or permission from us.
ADEQUATE, RELEVANT AND NOT EXCESSIVE
Unless specifically requested, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information on or through our website and our online services or otherwise to us.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed. In addition, there may be certain information to which we are unable to enable you to review, for legal, security, or other reasons.
We keep your personal data for so long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we use it, and if longer, for any duration required by law, and for statutory claims limitation periods where your personal data may be relevant to any possible liability we may have.
COMPLAINT RESOLUTION MECHANISM
The laws we comply with are regulated by Data Protection Commissioner. If you have a complaint or concern, please feel free to contact us to discuss the matter and we will strive to assist you and resolve your issue. Should you wish to seek assistance from a government regulator, the Data Protection Commissioner contact details are here below.
Data Protection Commissioner
Co. Laois R32 AP23,
For your own privacy protection, we encourage you to maintain anti-virus and other malware protection software on your computers and other devices, and to maintain your own measures to protect your personal data. Please do not include sensitive personal data in any e-mails you may send to us, including payment card information. We also encourage you to be careful about who you give personal data to. Please let us know if you someone purports to contact you in our name.
When you visit the Hotel’s website, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called "cookies" and stored on your device.
- What are the different types of cookies?
There are several categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features (the user's operating system support, display etc.). Without these cookies, features such as the display will not have optimum functionality. Note: these cookies collect purely technical data and do not identify you personally.
- Performance cookies: these cookies help us improve a user's experience by helping us understand how they use our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.). These cookies do not identify you individually.
- Functionality cookies: in order to make browsing easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (language, username, country etc.).
- Targeting/advertising cookies: these cookies enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on their interests, but they also limit the number of times that the advertisements appear.
- Affiliate cookies: these cookies enable third parties ("affiliates") that publish marketing campaigns on their websites to be paid on behalf of the "web merchant".
- Cookies from social networks: these third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our site to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the "Share" and "Like" buttons on "Facebook," "Twitter," "LinkedIn," "Viadeo," etc.
Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site.
We have no control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data. These should allow you to exercise certain privacy options with these social networks, in particular by adjusting your user accounts for each of these networks.
Cookies help us to improve the quality of your browsing experience when visiting the our website. This technical process primarily allows us to:
- adapt the layout of our websites to suit your device's display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system used etc.)
- store some of the information that you fill in on our online forms to help us personalize your subsequent visits to our websites
- collect statistics. These relate mainly to the number of times you visit our websites and your use of the different services that we provide (sections and content viewed, links), with the aim of improving their relevance and usability
- put security measures in place (for example asking you to reconnect to a page or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed)
- offer you, through advertisements, personalized content that is likely to be of interest to you.
Important: Advertisements or links to third-party websites may be included on our websites. Your personal details may be collected by third parties when you click on these links. This Charter does not cover visits to third-party websites. The XXXX HOTEL cannot be held responsible for the policy of third-parties regarding personal details and the use thereof.
Policy Modifications & Contacting Hotel